A single photograph tells thousands of stories. This makes photography special. Digital photography connects us to the digital world where millions can appreciate, admire, and relate to the story behind each photograph. To point and shoot wonderful, dramatic, and dynamic photographs using a camera gives much relief to the soul of the photographer and amazement to the eyes of the viewers.
But using a camera can be very complicated for beginners especially that there are a lot of features to consider like: exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, focal length, distance, filters, eye-lines, visual weight, and so on. Good photography can never be achieved over night. It is not that when you begin you actually get what is right. It requires much time to master this field. It is a craft that communicates emotions to the audience and an art that attracts attention from them.
Photographers would not be worried so much about the quality of their shots because of the presence of photo enhancers or retouchers like Lightroom, Photoshop, and Snapseed. These applications or software provide users to easily access, edit, organize, and share photographs anytime and anywhere. It also elevates the quality of their photos.
But what more interesting than these applications is a photo retoucher that can manipulate and design artistically the scene that is buyer-friendly and one who does not rely merely on such software. One who does not consider his or her own interest but of the professional quality work that fits for this career.
The quality of the photograph could attract or distract buyers so the arrangement level of the scene serves as the market for the industry.
Editing can be very critical depending on the picture to be edited so it requires skills in arts and design. To avoid relying on the easy-to-tap applications and making your product a mere abstract, here are the following factors to consider:
• Exposure. The artistry of the retouch editor relies on whether what kind of exposures is appropriate to a given picture. The set of exposures must bring the photograph to life. This will be achieved through proper lighting and correct detailing, thereby removing some unnecessary spots on the picture.
• Object Removal. Interior decoration is a skill that requires high level of designing. Objects that could be distracting to the eyes and the overall appearance of the scene must be removed so that little details could complement to the entire proportion and harmony of the sight.
• Color. Dynamic and lively colors attract the impression of the people. Make it sure that the project would not be dull. It consists of hue, value, and saturation. The color in a camera appears on screen as what actually it is in reality.
• Cleanliness. The neatness and orderliness of the scene must be taken into consideration. This would give the picture a great quality and some spare time will be saved in the editing process.
• Background Enhancement. The part behind the main object of the scene or the background is crucial in the photographic attainment. However, it must be minimized so that the main subject or the center of attraction will not be overpowered by the background. Minimal yet important details of the scene must be included in the entire quality of the picture.
• Contrast. Edge and main subject contrast must be enhanced to create a vivid picture. Tonal contrast and color contrast are two different but important factors in the quality of the picture. The former underscores light and dark tones while the latter emphasizes on how colors interact and blend.
• Angle. Whether the scene is for commercial art or for personal purposes, capturing the proper angles is a key in achieving a captivating picture. Adjusting your perspective to any object can redirect and formulate another object, thereby creating another form.
• Lines and Shapes. Shape and form are vital in the quality of the picture. Understanding the harmony of these factors lead to a simply sophisticated photograph one can ever imagine. Shape in a picture doesn’t have depth because it is two-dimensional but it creates a form. Line, on the other hand, can guide the eyes in appreciating the photograph.
• Pattern. When shapes, lines, and objects are recurring, they create a pattern. Patterns can give drama to the photograph because they could establish rhythm, clarity, and emotions.